It’s summer here in the northern hemisphere and for many of you that means the kids are out of school and you are spending more family time together. One of our favorite ways to spend time with family and friends is by playing games. I have been known to run in a crowd who will battle over who’s board game collections are the largest or contain the most coveted items. How about we make something new to add to those collections?
Contest theme: Tabletop Games and Puzzles
This contest is going to be all about games! Board games, puzzles, card games, dice games, they are all valid. We want to see your dice towers, game tokens, deck holders, and your own game creations. Maybe you have a great idea for a portable game designed for backseat play on family road trips or the perfect game to play at the beach, now is your chance to make it real and maybe win some great prizes.
We already have some great games and game related designs on PrusaPrinters so here are a few to help inspire you.
|CCG Geared Card Box V2|
|Cthulhu Dice Tower||Original Prusa i3 Puzzle|
|Wash Your Hands Board Game||Royal Game of Ur|
One thing that you should probably avoid is making copies of copyrighted games as the companies who own them tend to protect them well and legal paperwork is just no fun. We are also going to leave table top miniatures out of this competition. Don’t worry though, we are saving table top minis for a competition of their own!
Our first place winner will receive a brand new Original Prusa i3 MK3S+ Kit.
Second place will have 3 spools of Prusament sent to them.Third will have 2 spools of Prusament headed their way too.Of course we love your input on our contests too so 5 entries that have the most likes from you, the community, who are not winners of one of the main prizes will each receive a USD $50 voucher to our E-Shop. Sorry, no winning two prizes.
- Overall quality of the model.
- Printability – whether the model has an optimal orientation, whether it is divided into multiple parts so it can be printed more easily (without supports) etc.
- Originality – If you create something truly unique, it will be rated better than a slightly altered existing model.
- Popularity – Share your model to increase its popularity, prove that users appreciate such a model.
- Your other works – In case we can’t decide between two favorite designs, we often check your other models to see what you can do.
- Assembly instructions – if your model consists of multiple parts, we check how easy it is to assemble the final product.
How to participate?
It’s easy to participate in this competition. Just follow these simple instructions.
- Design and create a model or improve an already existing one (“remix”) so that the result fits the theme of this contest. The model has to be printable on an FFF/FDM or SLA 3D printer (any manufacturer and model). This also means that you don’t need to own a 3D printer in order to participate. When creating the model, keep in mind the pros and cons of various types of 3D printing technologies and what can and can’t be actually done.
- Upload the model to PrusaPrinters.org and make sure it contains:
- Model in .3MF or .STL file format (print files are optional)
- Photo or render of the model (ideally both)
- Model description
- Add the model to the contest. You will find the new competition button next to your name on the print’s page after you publish your print. Click the Compete medal and select the “Tabletop Games and Puzzles” contest. After that your print will be shown on the contest page and you will be in the running.
Of course, you can share your model on social networks (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest,…) and don’t forget to add the #PrusaPrinters hashtag. This can help increase the popularity of the model.
Terms and conditions
- The contest runs from July 14th, 2021 to August 31st, 2021 23:59 UTC.
- You can submit any number of models (unique) to the competition and increase your chances of winning.
- Models submitted to the contest must be new models that have been uploaded after the contest has started.
- The model must contain at least one printed part.
- By entering the contest, you agree to keep your model posted to PrusaPrinters for a minimum of one year.
- You must be the original creator of the model you upload, please no reposting other people’s models from other sites.
- We reserve the right to terminate the competition or change the conditions of the competition at any time. In case of violation of the terms and conditions or an attempted fraud, the competitor will be disqualified.